HOW TO APPLY FOR BIYSC?
If you are interested in attending BIYSC 2021, be sure you meet all the requirements listed in the Candidates’ Profile and proceed with the following steps:
- The applicant's parent/legal guardian must complete and submit the AUTHORIZATION FORM, which must include:
- Contact details of the parent/legal guardian authorizing the application
- Contact details of the student
- Research project in which the applicant wants to participate (3 preference options)
- Contact details of the school teachers that will recommend the student (name and email)
- Once submitted, the student will immediately receive an email with the link to the APPLICATION FORM, which he/she will have to fill with the following information:
- Official academic transcript/s
- Reasons for having chosen the specific research projects (in a video format: you will have 1 minute for each project you have chosen to explain yourself. Be original!)
- Personal statement and motivation letter
- Personal experience in the field of science
- Ethical argumentation in science
- Explanation of the initiatives that the student will undertake to collect the necessary funds to cover the participation fee.
- At the same time, the applicant's science/mathematics/technology teacher and the tutor/headteacher/head of studies will receive an email with a link to the RECOMMENDATION FORMS.
To enter the selection process is essential to submit all four listed forms:
- Authorization form of the applicant’s parent/legal tutor.
- Application form.
- Confidential recommendation form of the science, mathematics, or technology teacher.
- Confidential recommendation form of the tutor, headteacher, or head of studies of the center.
There will be two application calls:
- 1st Application Call: January 12th - February 23rd, 2021*
- 2nd Application Call: February 24th - April 8th, 2021
An application does not guarantee direct entry to the program. All candidates will be part of the selection process. The final selection will be communicated to all candidates via email as described in the Selection Process.