HOW TO APPLY FOR BIYSC?
If you are interested in attending BIYSC 2024, be sure you meet all the requirements listed in the Candidates’ Profile and, when applications open on January 9th 2024, proceed with the following steps:
- The applicant's parent/legal guardian must complete and submit the AUTHORIZATION FORM, which must include:
- Contact details of the parent/legal guardian authorizing the application.
- Contact details of the student.
- Research project in which the applicant wants to participate (3 preference options).
- Contact details of the school teacher that will recommend the student (name and email)
- Once the Authorization Form is submitted, the student will immediately receive an email message with the link to the APPLICATION FORM, which he/she will have to fill with the following information:
- Official academic qualifications.
- Reasons for having chosen the specific research projects (in video format and in English): You will have 1 minute for each project you have chosen to explain yourself. (Be original!).
- Personal statement and motivation letter
- Personal experience in the field of science.
- Ethical argumentation in science.
- At the same time, the applicant's science/mathematics/technology teacher or headteacher will receive an email with a link to the RECOMMENDATION FORM
To enter the selection process, it is essential to submit all three listed forms:
- Authorization form of the applicant’s parent/legal tutor.
- Application form.
- Confidential recommendation form from the teacher.
The submission of an application does not guarantee direct entry into the program.
All candidates will be part of a selection process. Pre-selected candidates will be interviewed by the researchers of the project for which they have been pre-selected
The final selection will be communicated to all candidates via email, as described in the Selection Process.
Please check here for the key dates for the 8th BIYSC edition.