HOW TO APPLY FOR BIYSC?
If you are interested in attending BIYSC 2023, be sure you meet all the requirements listed in the Candidates’ Profile and, when applications will open on January 12th 2023, proceed with the following steps:
- The applicant's parent/legal guardian must complete and submit the AUTHORIZATION FORM, which must include:
- Contact details of the parent/legal guardian authorizing the application.
- Contact details of the student.
- Research project in which the applicant wants to participate (3 preference options).
- Contact details of the school teacher that will recommend the student (name and email).
- Once the Authorization Form is submitted, the student will immediately receive an email message with the link to the APPLICATION FORM, which he/she will have to fill with the following information:
- Official academic qualifications.
- Reasons for having chosen the specific research projects (in a video format: you will have 1 minute for each project you have chosen to explain yourself. (Be original!).
- Personal statement and motivation letter (1st Challenge).
- Personal experience in the field of science.
- Ethical argumentation in science.
- Explanation of the initiatives that the student will undertake to collect the necessary funds to cover the participation fee (4th Challenge)
- At the same time, the applicant's science/mathematics/technology teacher or headteacher will receive an email with a link to the RECOMMENDATION FORM (2nd Challenge)
To enter the selection process is essential to submit all three listed forms:
- Authorization form of the applicant’s parent/legal tutor.
- Application form.
- Confidential recommendation form of the teacher.
There will be two application calls:
- 1st Application Call: January 12th - February 22nd, 2023
- 2nd Application Call*: February 23rd - April 12th, 2023
The submission of an application does not guarantee direct entry into the program.
All candidates will be part of a selection process. Pre-selected candidates will be interviewed by the researchers of the project for which they have been pre-selected (3rd Challenge)
The final selection will be communicated to all candidates via email as described in the Selection Process.
* In case on the First Call the selected participants reach the total number of places offered for any of the projects, the second Call for these projects will be cancelled.