Accomodation and full board are included in the BIYSC fee. We give our BIYSC participants a supportive place to grow, on and off campus. BIYSC empowers the students on their educational and scientific journey, supports their needs, and provides them with a safe space to engage in their Barcelona adventure.
During the entire program, students will be hosted at an international student residence, an accommodation with excellent modern facilities which will give the participants an exclusive insight to their future university life, and they will enjoy its upgraded facilities, friendly services, and environment that will make them feel really welcome.
The 2024 residence for the 8th BIYSC edition is Yugo Aleu Student Residence, and it's located on the Barcelona University Campus (UB) (Pau Gargallo Street, 30). Surrounded by several faculties of the UB and UPC universities. This student residence has very good connections to different BIYSC research centers (some are only a few minutes walk away). It is also easily accessible by metro to other BIYSC research centers.
- Spacious single air-conditioned rooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Leisure and socializing spaces
- High-speed broadband and Wi-Fi as standard in all rooms and communal areas.
- On-site laundry facilities (with additional individual costs)
- A gym for weight training and cardiovascular equipment
- Weekly room cleaning and daily cleaning of common areas Bed linen and towels are also changed once a week.
- Security 24 hours a day: Entrances to the accommodation building are access controlled as well as monitored by CCTV, and all room doors are all key controlled.
- Aleu team is on site 24 hours a day in case extra support is ever needed.
No additional booking is allowed except for participants with international non-European flights for just one day earlier or one day later than the official BIYSC dates. In these exceptional cases each additional night is at the expense of the participant, as are travel arrangements to and from the residence. To verify availability, participants who require these additional bookings must contact the BIYSC team well in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.