100 students will join the BIYSC 2017. 10 students will be selected per project.
A panel chosen by the Catalunya La Pedrera Foundation will individually review all applications and will propose the candidates for the program. For the selection it will be considered:
- Answers to questions on the application form (reasons to have chosen the specific research project, personal statement and letter of motivation, personal experience in the field of science, and endeavor undertaken on getting financial support).
- Recommendations from the center. Two are necessary: one from a member of the teaching staff in the area of science, mathematics and technology, and another from the tutor, the head teacher or the head of studies.
- The level of English.
- Academic record.
There will be three application calls, as described in Application Process, and the accepted candidates in each application call will be announced on:
- February 6th 2017: Communication via e-mail of the selected candidates in the first call*
- April 7th 2017: Communication via e-mail of the selected candidates in the second call*
- May 8th 2017: Communication via e-mail of the selected candidates in the third call*
Selection will be based on the chosen project. The decision of the selection board is unappealable.