Barcelona International Youth Science Challenge (BIYSC)
is a life-changing experience for talented young people from all over the world with a genuine interest in science and technology. This two-week residential program is held annually in Barcelona and is designed for an international group of more than 100 brilliant young scientists aged between 16 and 18 years old.
BIYSC 2022 will be held in Barcelona from July 4th to 15th.
- The program aims to stimulate scientific talent among high school students and encourage their enthusiasm to pursue scientific research and careers in Science and Technology.
- BIYSC covers a broad range of subjects across STEM fields. Different scientific and technological challenges are posed by several international research centers based in Barcelona.
- Participants will have the chance to choose a project that suits their interests and conduct cutting-edge research hands-on in a real context and alongside active researchers.
BIYSC main objectives are to:
- Inspire bright young scientists to apply their minds to multi-disciplinary research.
- Connect young researchers to like-minded peers and eminent scientific leaders through close and personal interactive sessions.
- Empower participants to pursue their research passions.
- Challenge future scientists to drive their passion with attitude.
- Engage future scientists to address global challenges
Personal autonomy, self-confidence, and inspiration are some of the skills that students gain throughout the program, resulting in a relevant turning point for their personal and academic development. BIYSC also offers its participants the chance to gain new knowledge and abilities, allowing them to broaden their perspectives and become more open-minded.
Apart from being an intellectually stimulating course focused on science, BIYSC is committed to provide the participants with a social program which provides them with a diverse and enriching experience where international friendships are formed.
After the BIYSC experience, participants will be able to join the Science Academy Fellows’ Community, where they will be linked to hundreds of exceptional young people who have participated in our Science Programs, and which offers numerous opportunities to stay connected, contact peers or mentors, enhance networking and organize and participate in Community activities.
BIYSC program highlights:
- Attending the Opening Ceremony in the UNESCO World Heritage Site La Pedrera (Casa Milà).
- Working hands-on in a project of their choice within a Research Center and with active researchers and scientists
- Attending scientific lectures from leading scientists and participating in debates and discussions on the challenges scientists face today and in the future.
- Visiting some of the top International Research Centers in Catalonia.
- Make friends and share experiences with a group of young people from all over the world with similar interests.
- Doing sightseeing in Barcelona and surroundings, and taking part in social and networking activities.
- Presenting their project’s results in the Closing Ceremony in La Pedrera (Casa Milà).