The selection process consists of two phases: preselection and selection.
The PRESELECTION is based on the documentation provided by each applicant. The researchers and professionals in charge of the projects offered in this edition will individually review and assess all applications received. For the preselection the following documentation will be considered:
- Answers to questions on the application form (reasons to have chosen the specific research project (in a video format), personal statement and letter of motivation, personal experience in the field of science, ethical argumentation in science, and endeavor undertaken on getting financial support).
- Recommendations from the educational center. Only one is necessary: from a member of the teaching staff in the area of science, mathematics, and technology or from the head of studies.
- The level of English.
- Academic record.
There are 2 application calls, as described in the Application Process, and the preselected candidates to be interviewed online will be announced approximately on:
- March 4th, 2022: Communication via email of the preselected candidates in the first call*
- April 22nd, 2022: Communication via email of the preselected candidates in the second call
We are offering a 3rd extraordinary Application Call* for some projects with available places: Deadline until April 22nd.
The preselected candidates will be called for a personal online interview for the SELECTION to be made.
The online interviews will take place on the same week of the preselection announcement upon the availability of the researchers in charge of the research project. Applicants who pass the final selection will become participants of BIYSC. The accepted candidates will be communicated on:
- March 15th, 2022: Communication via email of the selected candidates in the first call*
- April 26th, 2022: Communication via email of the selected candidates in the second call
Selection will be based on the chosen project/s, upon demand. All communications will be via email. The decision of the selection board is unappealable.