120 students will join the BIYSC 2019. 10 students will be selected per project.
The selection process consists of two phases: preselection and final selection. The preselection will be made based on the documentation provided by each applicant. The preselected candidates will be called for a personal interview through Skype for the final selection to be made.
The researchers and professionals in charge of the projects offered in this edition will individually review all applications and will propose the preselected candidates for the personal interview. All applications received will be individually assessed. For the preselection it will be considered:
- Answers to questions on the application form (reasons to have chosen the specific research project, personal statement and letter of motivation, personal experience in the field of science, and endeavor undertaken on getting financial support).
- Recommendations from the center. Two are necessary: one from a member of the teaching staff in the area of science, mathematics and technology, and another from the tutor, the head teacher or the head of studies.
- The level of English.
- Academic record.
There will be three application calls, as described in Application Process, and the preselected candidates to be interviewd through Skype will be announced on:
- January 21st 2019: Communication via email of the preselected candidates in the first call*
- March 4th 2019: Communication via email of the preselected candidates in the second call*
- April 8th 2019: Communication via email of the preselected candidates in the third call*
The Skype interviews will take place the same week of the preselection announcement upon availability of the researchers in charge of the research project. Applicants who pass the final selection will become participants of BIYSC. The accepted candidates will be communicated on:
- January 28th 2019: Communication via email of the selected candidates in the first call*
- March 11th 2019: Communication via email of the selected candidates in the second call*
- April 15th 2019: Communication via email of the selected candidates in the third call*
Selection will be based on the chosen project/s, upon demand. All communications will be via email. The decision of the selection board is unappealable.