In compliance with the Law 34/2002, of 11 July 2002, On Information Society and Electronic Commerce Services (LSSICE), we inform you that this website (www.biysc.org) is an Internet domain linked to Catalunya la Pedrera Foundation, NIF G65345472, registered in the Registry of Foundations of the Government of Catalonia on 23 January 2013 with number 2756 and business address in Carrer Provença 261 and Passeig de Gràcia 92, 08008 Barcelona. To these effects, these terms and conditions govern the relationship between the user and Catalunya la Pedrera Foundation.
BIYSC AND THE USER
BIYSC is organised by Catalunya la Pedrera Foundation. Through this website we offer an online service, 24/7, to make the payment of the registration fee.
The use of our website assigns the user condition and implies the acceptance of the provisions included in this document, as well as all the terms and conditions.
The user declares to have the necessary legal capacity to act and contract on the website in accordance with the conditions established below, which declares to understand and accept.
The user agrees to use the services and content on our website in accordance with the Law, with these terms and conditions, and may not use for:
- Transfer the username and password to unauthorized third parties. In this case, the user must immediately notify Catalunya la Pedrera Foundation of the access to this information by an unauthorized user.
- Enter data programs on the network that could cause damage to the computer systems of Catalunya la Pedrera Foundation, its suppliers, or third-party users of the internal network or of this website.
- Carry out illegal activities, contrary to good faith, customs, morals, or public order.
- Carry out activities that constitute an infringement of the regulations on intellectual and industrial property or any other rule of the applicable legal system.
- Reproduce, duplicate, sell or exploit for commercial purposes any content on the website.
- Disseminate content of a racist, xenophobic, pornographic nature, advocating terrorism and/or violating human rights.
Visit Application process.
Visit Selection process.
COST OF THE PROGRAM. TERMINATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Visit Participation Fee.
PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT
Each participant agrees to abide by our Participant Code of Conduct. Failure to do so may result in that person(s) being asked to leave the program. If this occurs, no refund will be given.
At BIYSC, we have high standards both on campus and off. We expect all of our participants to represent themselves, their country and BIYSC to the highest standard possible.
This is our code of practice and as a participant, you are expected to follow it:
Participant agrees to:
- Be respectful at all times. Please be advised that customs may be different from your home country and you must respect the traditions, rules, and obligations during the program.
- Behave at all times, with self-discipline.
- Attend BIYSC events and arrive punctually for all activities.
- Listen carefully to the information given by the BIYSC Staff Team.
- Provide notice and reasons for any absences to the BIYSC Staff Team.
- Discuss any problems with the BIYSC Staff Team.
- Always behave in a sociable manner, be polite, and make an effort to talk to people.
- Remember to eat sensibly and make sure you get the right amount of sleep.
Participant agrees not to:
- Leave on his/her own; always be accompanied by a Staff member.
- Buy or consume alcohol, illegal drugs, and smoke.
- Steal or be involved in illegal activities.
- Be involved in threatening behavior, bullying, harasment or use of offensive language to other participants, researchers, staff, or any other person.
- Have an anti-social behavior affecting the overall enjoyment of the other participants.
- Impair, interfere with, or obstruct the order, process, or functioning of BIYSC or any of its participants, researchers, staff, official guests, or the surrounding community.
USER IDENTIFICATION, PASSWORD, AND INFORMATION OF THE PAYMENT PROCESS.
Catalunya la Pedrera Foundation, hereinafter the CONTROLLER, is the Controller of the processing of the user’s personal data and informs the user that these data will be processed in accordance with the current regulations on data protection, the Regulation (UE) 2016/697 of 27 April (GDPR) on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the Organic Law (ES) 3/2018 of 5 December (LOPDGDD) on data protection and digital rights guarantee, so the following processing information is provided:
Purpose of the processing: management of the payment of the registration fees of the Users. The actions planned for the processing are: (i) To process orders for requests or any type of request made by the user through any of the contact forms that are available for the user. (ii) The payment of the registration fee for the educational and training program.
Data conservation criteria: the data will be kept during the necessary time to maintain the purpose of the processing. When the data will not be necessary to maintain the purpose of the treatment, they will be supressed by blocking it during the time frame established by law, taking technical and organisational measures to prevent the processing of the data including its visualization, and being only available to judges, courts, public prosecutor, or public administrations, in order to respond to legal duties. Subsequently, after the suppression or blocking period, the data will be erased.
The user is informed that the rights that assist him/her are the following: (i) Right to withdraw the consent at any time. (ii) Right to access, rectification, portability and erasure of his/her data and the right of restriction and objection to the data processing. (iii) Right to file a claim with the Supervisory Authority (www.aepd.es) if the user considers that the processing does not conform to current regulations. The User may exercise his/her rights by contacting us Carrer Provença 261 and Passeig de Gràcia, 92 - 08008 Barcelona. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MANDATORY OR OPTIONAL NATURE OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE USER
The Users, by checking the corresponding boxes and by voluntarily entering the data in the fields marked with an asterisk (*) in the contact form, they expressly, freely, and unequivocally accept that their data is necessary to meet their request by the provider. The User guarantees that the personal data provided to the CONTROLLER is true and is responsible to communicate any modification thereof.
It is informed and expressly guaranteed to the users that their personal data will not be transferred to third parties unless there is a legal obligation to do so, or to those companies of the group for administrative or internal management purposes, and to those providers linked to Catalunya la Pedrera Foundation that act as data processors. Whenever it will be necessary to transfer personal data, the user will be always informed to collect his/he consent for the transfer. All the data requested through the website is mandatory, as it is necessary for the provision of an optimal service to the user. In the event that not all data is provided, there is no guarantee that the information and provided services are completely adapted to the user’s needs.
In accordance with the current regulations on data protection, the CONTROLLER complies with all the GDPR and LOPDGDD provisions for the processing of the personal data, and with the principles established in section 5 of the GDPR, by which the personal data is processed lawfully, loyally, and transparently regarding the user and that the data are appropriate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes of the processing.
The CONTROLLER guarantees that technical and organisational policies are implemented to apply the security measures established by the GDPR to protect rights and freedoms of the Users and that they have been provided with the appropriate information so they can exercise them.
EXEMPTION FROM LIABILITY
Catalunya la Pedrera Foundation disclaims any liability arising from the information published on the website if such information has been manipulated or published by a third party.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS CLAUSE
If any provision of these terms and conditions is declared in whole or in part, null or ineffective, will be deemed not contained herein but without altering the validity of other provisions.
The user accepts that the applicable law to the functioning of this service is the Spanish Law. The competent courts and tribunals to know discrepancies arising from the interpretation or application of these terms and conditions will be the closest ones to Barcelona.
The contents, products and services included on the website comply with the Spanish legislation, and they are not conceived nor directed to those people who reside in jurisdictions where their contents are not duly authorized.
REVIEW OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Catalunya la Pedrera Foundation reserves the right to review and modify these conditions at any time. The user will be subject to the policies and conditions in force at the time the user uses this website, unless by law or decision of public authorities we must make changes retroactively to these policies or conditions.
For any suggestion, query, complaint or claim the user should contact the following address: email@example.com