Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research (IDAEA-CSIC)
The Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research (IDÆA) is a multidisciplinary research institute focused on the scientific understanding of key environmental challenges facing society, especially those linked to water and air quality issues. Since IDÆA’s foundation a decade ago, we have striven to perform at an outstanding level on environmental research, guided by the principle that our scientific understanding of current threats to global ecosystems is best approached from a holistic, systems-based viewpoint.
IDAEA scientists’ work focuses on 3 main lines of research and innovation:
- Environmental and climate challenges
- Global exposure to pollution
- Circular economy
- 2020-2023, Severo Ochoa accreditation of excellence, granted by the State Research Agency attached to the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities.
- 2020, Gender Equality Accreditation, received as an Accesit from CSIC (Spanish National Research Council)
- The CSIC is the 3rd European institution regarding the number of actions (research projects obtained) of the EU Research and Innovation Framework Programme, and 8th position in the Worldwide ranking of research institutions.
- The Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research (IDAEA-CSIC) is in the 5th position of the CSIC ranking.