Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ)
The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) started its research activities in 2014. Since its creation, ICIQ aimed at becoming a center of excellence, and it is internationally known as a leading institution in the field of chemistry committed with performing research at the frontiers of knowledge.
ICIQ research groups conduct to top quality research on two main areas: catalysis and renewable energies.
- In 2017: joined the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST).
- In 2012: awarded with “Premi Nacional Partenariat Públic-Privat ICIQ-Henkel-UAB” by the National Research Awards.
- In 2010: awarded with the “Narcís Munturiol” seal by the Government of Catalonia.
- In 2014: ranking in the SCIMAGO Worldwide Rankings of Universities and Research Institutes in terms of Excellence with Leadership.
- In 2010: 3rd position on Best Journal Rate in the Mapping Scientific Excellence worldwide ranking in the field of Chemistry.
- In 2006: 2nd on Best Paper Rate.