Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ)
The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) started its research activities in 2014. Since its creation, ICIQ aimed at becoming a center of excellence, and it is internationally known as a leading institution in the field of chemistry committed with performing research at the frontiers of knowledge.
ICIQ research groups conduct to top quality research on two main areas: catalysis and renewable energies.
- Since 2014 (renewed in 2020): "Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence" seal by the Ministry of Research, Development and innovation of Spain.
- In 2012: awarded with the National Research Award for the public-privat partnership between ICIQ-Henkel-Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
- In 2010: awarded with the “Narcís Munturiol” seal by the Government of Catalonia.
- Since 2017: awarded with the HR Research and in Research by the European Commission.
- Member of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) since 2017.
- In 2018: in its fourth release, the web application Mapping Scientific Excellence ranks ICIQ in first position in “Best Journal Rate” (ratio of papers published in the most influential journals) and third in “Best Paper Rate” (proportion of highly cited papers published by an institution) in the field of Chemistry worldwide.
- In 2014: ranking in the SCIMAGO Worldwide Rankings of Universities and Research Institutes in terms of Excellence with Leadership.
- In 2010: 3rd position on Best Journal Rate in the Mapping Scientific Excellence worldwide ranking in the field of Chemistry.
- In 2006: 2nd on Best Paper Rate.