Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC)
Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is a research center which carries out excellent interdisciplinary research at the highest international level which, by creating knowledge, helps to improve health and quality of life and generate wealth. IBEC’s research groups conduct research at the frontiers of engineering and life sciences and cooperate with industry and clinicians on the development of new systems for diagnosis or treatment. Beneficiaries of the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia include universities, research centers, the scientific community, the business sector that drives research in bioengineering, and society in general.
- 2017 – IBEC joins the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST)
- 2015 – “Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence” seal from the Ministry of Research, Development and Innovation (MINECO), Spain.
- 2015 – “Human Resources Excellence in Research” seal from the European Commission.
- 2014 and 2015 – IBEC’s Communications and Outreach Unit won funding for a year of outreach activities under FECYT’s call “Convocatoria de Ayudas para el fomento de la cultura científica, tecnológica y de la innovación 2014”.
- 2014 – IBEC was accepted into FECYT’s Red de Unidades de Cultura Científica y de la Innovación (UCC+i), a network of centres accredited for their contribution to scientific culture.