Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC)
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is a research center which carries out excellent interdisciplinary research at the highest international level which, by conducting research at the frontiers of engineering and life sciences, helps to improve health and quality of life and generate wealth.
IBEC’s research groups investigate in the frontiers of engineering and life sciences and cooperate with industry and clinicians on the development of new systems for diagnosis or treatment. Beneficiaries of the IBEC include universities, research centers, the scientific community, the business sector that drives research in bioengineering, and society in general.
- In 2017: joined the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST).
- In 2015: awarded with the “Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence” seal by the Ministry of Research, Development and Innovation of Spain.
- In 2015: awarded with the “Human Resources Excellence in Research” seal by the European Commission.
- In 2014 and 2015: IBEC’s Communications and Outreach Unit awarded with funding for a year of outreach activities under FECYT’s call “Convocatoria de Ayudas para el fomento de la cultura científica, tecnológica y de la innovación 2014”.
- In 2014: accepted into FECYT’s Red de Unidades de Cultura Científica y de la Innovación (UCC+i), a network of centres accredited for their contribution to scientific culture.