LATEST NEWS REGARDING THE COVID-19 CRISIS
We inform you with great sadness the cancellation of BIYSC 2020. It has been an extremely difficult decision to make, but we are all aware of the worldwide effects of COVID-19. Prevention and protection are our priorities and we could not leave this decision postpone any more. We hope you can reply on your understanding at these unfortunate circumstances.
We inform you that all the participation fees will be fully refunded during the following days.
We will soon start working on BIYSC's new edition with all the effort to make it the best edition ever.
The coronavirus is a type of virus circulating among animals but some of them can also affect humans and can cause breathing problems occur mostly mild symptoms. The coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 is a new type of coronavirus that can affect people and was first detected in December 2019 in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China.
How can you become infected?
By analogy to other similar infections caused by virus, it seems to be transmitted by direct contact with respiratory secretions generated when coughing or sneezing of a sick person.
What are the symptoms of SARS-coronavirus CoV-2?
The most common symptoms are mild, may be similar to those of flu. The symptoms affect 80% of people and may be fever or cough.
Is there a treatment for coronavirus SARS-CoV-2?
There is currently no specific treatment for the new coronavirus, but there are many to control their symptoms.
The routes of transmission of this novel coronavirus are currently unknown. However, other coronaviruses are mainly transmitted by large respiratory droplets and direct or indirect contact with infected secretions.
What can I do to reduce the risk of coronavirus infection?
- Wash hands (with soap and water or alcohol solutions 70%) at regular intervals, especially after using public transport, after toileting and always before food.
- Cover your mouth and nose with disposable tissues when you sneeze or cough, and wash your hands immediately (with soap and water or alcohol solutions 70%).
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact (at least a distance of 2 meters) with anyone suffering from acute respiratory infections and with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Avoid sharing food and utensils (cutlery, cups, napkins, handkerchiefs, etc.) and other objects (door handles, light switches, taps) or personal belongings without cleaning them properly.
- If a mask is worn, all the recommended precautions in order to minimize the risk of transmission should still be used.
You can find the updated information following link: http://canalsalut.gencat.cat/ca/salut-a-z/c/coronavirus-2019-ncov/