The Barcelona International Youth Science Challenge (BIYSC)
is a two-week international excellence program that aims to stimulate scientific talent among young students from all over the world. It is meant to encourage their enthusiasm for pursuing scientific research and careers in science.
100 undergraduate students aged between 16 and 18 years-old will have the chance to enjoy BIYSC from July 9th to 20th 2018 in the Mediterranean capital Barcelona.
BIYSC has been designed with the aim to offer the participants a world-class experience by allowing them to work in English in small groups, on different scientific and technological challenges proposed by international research centers based in Catalonia, who are involved in cutting-edge research. The program also offers their participants the possibility to enjoy the company of peers that share their same passion, attending scientific lectures given by leading researchers, and debating and discussing with them the most successful discoveries and scientific advances that are taking place worldwide.
BIYSC aims to:
- Inspire bright young scientists to apply their minds into multi-disciplinary research.
- Engage young researchers to like-minded peers and eminent scientific leaders through close and personal interactive sessions.
- Empower participants to pursue their research passions.
- Challenge future scientist to drive their passion with attitude.
BIYSC participants will enjoy their time in the program by:
- Attending to the Opening Ceremony in the UNESCO World Heritage Site La Pedrera (Casa Milà).
- Working hands-on in a project within a research center of their choice.
- Attending scientific lectures from leading scientists and participating in debates and discussions on the challenges scientists face today.
- Visiting some of the top international research centers in Catalonia.
- Doing sightseeing of Barcelona and surroundings, and taking part in the social and networking activities.
- Presenting their project’s results in the Closing Ceremony in Món Sant Benet Conference Center.