Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ)
The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) started its research activities in 2014. Since its creation, ICIQ aimed at becoming a centre of excellence, and it is internationally known as a leading institution in the field of chemistry committed with performing research at the frontiers of knowledge. ICIQ research groups conduct to top quality research on two main areas: catalysis and renewable energies.
- From 2010 – “Narcís Munturiol” seal by the Government of Catalonia (Generalitat de Catalunya).
- 2012 – “Premi Nacional Partenariat Públic-Privat ICIQ-Henkel-UAB” of the National Research Awards (Generalitat de Catalunya).
- From 2014 – “Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence” seal by the Ministry of Research, Development and Innovation of Spain.
- Since 2016 – Member of the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST).
- 2014 – ICIQ ranks in the SCIMAGO Worldwide Rankings of Universities and Research Institutes in terms if Excellence with Leadership.
- 2006-2010 – 2nd on Best Paper Rate and 3rd position on Best Journal Rate in the Mapping Scientific Excellence worldwide ranking in the field of Chemistry.